Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My parents came to town...



And we saw two shows WEST SIDE STORY and THE FANTASTICKS. WSS, oh WSS, I really wanted to like you. I tried but it ended up not being mutually. Unfortunately, my parents felt the same way and noticed how lacking it felt. Although, my dad did enjoy the Spanish translations, and when I told him Lin-Manuel Miranda wrote them he said, "He did a nice job." Which in my dad way of speaking meant "grand slam".

We decided to see THE FANTASTICKS on a whim and due to a great discount from Playbill.com, we secured 3rd row center seats for our Sunday evening performance. I had never seen a production of this show, so I was absolutely thrilled to finally see it and hear "Try To Remember" in the context of the show.

So if I were to rate it, thumbs up THE FANTASTICS, thumbs down WEST SIDE STORY.


oh, he was my favorite part of the show too. and he's a mute.

No comments: