Saturday, September 26, 2009

In The Heights tour - Wepa!


The carnaval is moving out of the barrio.

The cast of the IN THE HEIGHTS tour was announced this week, with some familiar names along with many new faces. Kyle Beltran will play Usnavi, the narrator of the Washington Heights musical. Along with him will be Daniel Bolero (Kevin), Rogelio Douglas Jr. (Benny), Yvette Gonzalez-Nacer (Vanessa), Arielle Jacobs (Nina), Jose-Luis Lopez (Graffiti Pete), Genny Lis Padilla (Carla), Isabel Santiago (Daniela), Elise Santora (Abuela Claudia), Shaun Taylor-Corbett (Sonny) and Natalie Toro (Camila).

The tour will start October 27th at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center and will tour the nation for the next year. This includes a stop at my beloved Gammage Auditorium in June 2010. Let me be the first to say welcome to Tempe ITH and how I hope audiences in my hometown will embrace this show as much as I have my family has over the past year and a half. Also: how snazzy is the ammage website looking lately? Nice. (http://www.asugammage.com/shows/2009-10-broadway-season/in-the-heights)

I'm really enjoying how interactive they are making this tour, in terms of their website. They have a map of the U.S. with the tour stops listed and when the tour starts, fans can upload their photos to the map at the appropriate stop, to create a mega fan gallery.

Did I mention how I excited I am for this tour and how I can not wait for it to become even more loved and embraced across the nation.

http://www.intheheightsthemusical.com/map.html

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/133239-Beltran_Is_Usnavi_in_Heights_Tour_Toro_Jacobs_Santora_and_More_Announced

No comments: