Thursday, June 18, 2009

August: Osage County to End Broadway Run June 28

somebody's peeved...

After reading this wonderful play last summer, I made a note of seeing the production as soon as possible. Well as soon as possible came last Friday, where I finally had the opportunity to see the show at the Music Box with Phylicia Rashad and Tony-Winner for her role in August, Amy Morton.


Grabbing a discounted seat in the second to the last row in the Mezz, I made my journey into this odd, twisted world of August. I remembered most of the plot but couldn't help but being suprised by (one of) the twists at the end. I thought Phylicia did an amazing job in her role as Violet - completely in her own world, which is necessary for that character. And Amy Morton, had her voice flying through the air, which her role requires.


Finally making the visit to August was an extremely pleasing (if a play of that subject can be) experience, so I'm saddened (but not suprised) of the news of its closure. If you're in the area and need 3 hours of good family drama, catch August.


No comments: